Friday, June 8, 2012

Some easy Thai recipes


Basil Chicken
3 chicken breasts
½ red pepper
5 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. chopped garlic
3 hot chilies, roughly chopped
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. soya sauce
1 tbsp. oyster sauce
2 tbsp. water
10 whole leaves of basil(I have used the paste and did not like it as much as fresh basil)
½ tsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. water
Cut your chicken into cubes about 2 inches long by an inch wide and put to the side. Cut the red pepper into squares, or thin strips if you prefer.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok on high heat until it is just about to smoke. Add the garlic and hot peppers and stir fry for a minute or so. Add the chicken and stir fry for about 4 minutes. Add fish sauce, sugar and soya sauce and mix together for about two minutes. Add oyster sauce and water and cook for a minute.
Add the red pepper and basil and stir for about two minutes until the peppers soften. Dissolve the cornstarch in water and add and stir for a minute to thicken the sauce.
I always serve mine with rice and some eggrolls, and the kids and hubby love it.  Below is the “recipe” that I use for the rice.  Both the chicken and the rice are easy to double if you have extra people over.


 




Vegetarian Rice
Cook two cups of white rice(I use jasmine, but you can use plain), and set to the side.  Heat 5 tbsps of vegetable oil in a large skillet, and add about a tablespoon of garlic.  Then add whatever you like for veggies.  I usually put in about a cup each of grated carrot, mushrooms, and some broccoli, but you can put in whatever you like, I have used peppers as well. Stir fry for a few minutes, and then add two eggs and fry them until they are partially set. Push the eggs and veggies to the side, and add your cooked rice to the skillet, and add 3 tbsp. soya sauce, and ½ tsp. of black pepper.  At this point, if you want to add frozen peas you can.  Then just work it all together and heat thoroughly.
I hope you enjoy these two easy thai recipes, they are easy and delicious and so easy to add your own variations so that they turn out just the way you like them.
I will keep posting recipes randomly, and I hope to get my supper “experiences” up and running soon.  Until then, I have some other pieces of my life to share, so keep checking back!  

View photo.JPG in slide show

No comments:

Post a Comment