Monday, January 21, 2013

Lord, why does this have to be so hard?

Okay, so it's Monday, so that means it was a weigh in night for me.  I was not feeling as confident going tonight as I did last week, and I had reason....I lost, but only a pound.

And let me tell you, I was still good over the last week.  No fast food, no alcohol(well most of the time), and only one small serving of pasta during the whole week.  We went to an event at the local college one night, and we ate out before hand, but I was so good, I looked up the menu before we left and picked low calorie items and stuck to the plan....except for one glass of wine.  And on Saturday night, with friends over, over a period of four hours I had two glasses of wine.  So that was my cheat for the week.  I expected a loss, but I was hoping for a bigger number. 

So why does it have to be so hard?  It was so easy to put the weight on!  You would think that once you made the commitment that the weight would slip off just as easily.  But while flipping through the TV stations the other night, one five minute segment caught my eye, and CLICKED...it was the Biggest Loser, and they were telling a man that he had to start exercising and eating better.  In response, he said that he did not have the time to fit in exercise, and cooking meals took too much time.  We are all busy, and admit it, it is just easier to have something quick, or to sit to relax in the evening for a few minutes instead of trying to fit in some exercise.  Well, the woman asked him, "If you had cancer, would you take the time to go get chemo?"  Well, yes he said, of course!  Well when we carry extra weight around, especially large amounts of it, it affects our body just like a cancer...it might take longer, but it is killing us just the same.  That has stayed with me over the last couple of days, after doing chemo, how could I not be looking after my body better now?  I am humiliated to think how lucky I am to still be here, and this is the thanks I give to my body.  Things must change, and I will continue on this journey.

Now I will have a challenge over the next two days, since I will be going to Calgary to see Oprah.  I hope that I can stay on a healthy eating track and fit some walking in to help as well. 

Let me know how you are doing, we have a great group going on Facebook, drop me a note if you would like to be added!

1 comment:

  1. Keep with it Verna. I had enormous success with the Ideal Protein program and wrote about it extensively in 2011. My eating patterns have changed 360 degrees and the pounds stay off (for the most part). Wishing you well on your quest.

    ReplyDelete