Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday, and it is weigh in time!

So I am starting to think that the thought of having a few thousand people checking in with me on Mondays to see if I gained or lost weight is a good thing!  When I first thought about putting it out there and then "telling" on myself every week I was not sure if I could do it, but you know what?  Something has really clicked with me this time, and I am not sure why, but it has, and the thought of eating a quarter pounder and fries almost turns my stomach.  I say almost because I am sure there will be a day when I have a craving and I am running late, and it will be easy.  But for tonight...I am still down, I dropped another two pounds this last week!

My initial goal was to lose 9 pounds by the time Matt Minglewood came to town.  So this means that I have to lose 1.8 pounds this week before my weigh in next Monday.  And then I am going to buy myself some new pants and boots to wear to see Matt!  So there is my goal for the week, what's yours?  Are you going to start your weight loss journey with me and all the others who have joined our facebook group, "Losing it from Fort McMurray to Nova Scotia"?  I saw a little motivation poster the other day and all it said was, "If you don't start today, you will still be the same in a year."  Well, hopefully in a year's time I will be down about another 30 pounds, and feeling healthy and comfortable in my body.  Oh, and thanks to everyone who is sharing their journey with me, it feels like we have our own support group and I love how we all give support, or a kick which ever is needed.

Oh, and I almost forgot, I got the most amazing app on my phone, and it has made my lifestyle changes so easy!  It is called My Fitness Pal, and you can put whatever food in the world you are eating, and it will show you the calories, and track them for you.  You can also keep track of your water, exercise, and your friends!  I love how it tracks my calories, and if I am running out for the day, it motivates me to do some exercise.  If you have a smart phone and are trying to lose weight, this app is a must!  K, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment