Thursday, May 9, 2013

My problem is...

My problem is that I can never stay home long enough to clean things up!  But I finally tackled the table, well, I cleaned it up a bit....here is the after picture so far.


This morning between baths and cleaning up and work stuff, it never got tackled.  And then this afternoon it was the garage, school, grocery store(again), school(again) and other fun mom stuff.  So this is what I got done, I know, the papers are stacked instead of gone, but I need time to go through them!  LOL, but I got one excellent tip from Therese Reynolds, this is what she wrote to me:

I wish I lived close by Verna. De-cluttering is one of my favourite things to do. Don't bother with Kijiji. Get the stuff out the door asap before you change your mind. Have 3 bags or boxes handy. One for garbage, one for donation and one for keepers. Be brutal. As soon as you pick up an item deal with it. If you don't immediately know you want to keep it then it goes in one of the other bags. Put on some music and have fun. After each day get the garbage and give a-ways out of the house

The part that struck a chord with me is to get it out of the house.  I literally have bags of clothes sitting everywhere in the house because I am waiting for kids to get bigger, or to find someone who needs some boy clothes.  I need to deal with this extra clutter!  Hopefully this evening, when I finish supper, watch Montreal win, take Mitch to cadets, get the younger ones to bed, and make Tim a late supper when he flies in later I will then have time to go through these papers, and pick what tomorrow's project will be!  I bet hubby will be glad he has the day off!  

No comments:

Post a Comment