Friday, January 10, 2014

Was not expecting this from our MP!

I had been hearing rumblings over the last few months.  The story among those "in the know" was that Brian Jean was not going to be running again for his seat, Fort McMurray-Athabasca.  I did not really believe the rumour, what would he do if he did not run again, I could not see him returning to Fort McMurray to work, so he must have something else in the works if he was not running again.

And then the provincial election happened, and Brian Jean seemed to have some major "moments", especially on social media, ie Twitter.  The rumours grew, but I still had my doubts.

The last few days brought new rumours, Brian was talking of resigning from his job of MP for our riding.  I totally blew the story off at first, there was no way he would leave the constituency without representation for over a year until the next Federal election.  But then again, in my opinion, he hasn't really been doing the job in the last few years either.  Maybe it was possible.

I was finally put out of my misery this afternoon, and the rumours are all indeed true, Mr. Brian Jean, the MP of Fort McMurray-Athabasca just announced that he is stepping down.   The confusing part to me is why?  Is there some personal issues that we don't know about?  Is he just leaving on "his terms" since Harper has never given him a cabinet position and he knows he won't do any better?  Was he given a sweet offer that won't hold until after the next election?

Whatever the reason, Brian Jean, unless it is personal medical reasons, there is really no excuse for leaving the constituents of your region high and dry in Ottawa.  I also find it ironic since you often claim that your ancestors "built this region", I am sure they would be proud to see how you have carried on the family name.  Very disappointing indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment