Saturday, March 8, 2014

Saturday picture, and how is the purge going?

I have some creative pictures coming up in the next few days. Today I was suppose to go to Wal-Mart for a last minute birthday gift, and a new shower curtain. When I pulled into the parking lot with Shayleen, this is what we saw:

It may not look that bad to you, but for those who know me, they know I hate shopping. And I hate shopping even more in crowds. When this many vehicles(yes, mostly trucks) are in the parking lot, you know it's going to be insane in the aisles in this store. It's our only big box store in town, as the Zellers is now closed.

For those following who have never been here, just to the far right of this, there is a Canadian Tire, Staples and Royal Bank. To the left, is the new big Sobeys, the grocery store that I frequent the most. It is the largest grocery store in town, and I love the bigger aisles, that are not packed with stacked boxes or stagnant men. And I find that they have the best fish selection, and that always comes first for me when I am shopping...even when I don't buy fish. When a grocery store has good fish, it usually means that it has better meats and produce, at least that is what I have found over the years. The Safeway in Thickwood has Starbucks, so when I need a chai tea fix, I go there for my groceries, but they will be closing in the next few months, and reopening as a Save-On.

So for those who are joining me in the 40 bags in 40 days challenge, how is it going? I haven't been posting my progress because the after pictures are not that dramatic. But in the last three days, I have packed up three more bags.
Two bags of clothes to be donated, and one bag of toys that will also be donated. It's not as hard as I thought it would be, but it might get harder as time goes by. I will be following the tips on the website to keep motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment